Instructions for Speakers
PowerPoint presentations are due by FRIDAY APRIL 27, 2018
- A PowerPoint template is available at https://www.dropbox.com/s/19vbsl051pu3nys/2018%20Road%20Show%20Template.pptx?dl=0
- Upload your presentation file(s) at https://www.dropbox.com/request/846vbfCmzOf3W2pTblrG. Please note that only CATT staff will be able to view your uploaded file(s). If you have any issues in uploading your files, please contact Rizwan Younis email@example.com
- Presentation File Naming Format: Session#_StartTime_SpeakerName_ShortTitle For example: Session4_2:00pm_JasonHolden_Guided Boring Innovation
- We will preload your presentation to the laptop. Please bring a copy of your presentation on USB as well.
Below are the guidelines to help you prepare your presentation for the conference.
- Be non-commercial
Overselling can turn the audience off. Please keep company information to the first and last slide. A small logo or name on the footer of a slide is also OK. If you do a great presentation people will know who you are and who you represent.
- What is the topic of my presentation?
Of course, you know this, but make sure your audience is fully aware of your goals.
- Who is my audience?
How would you like the information presented if you were a member of the audience?
- What is the objective of my presentation?
Choose main points and elaborate on them. You cannot tell the audience everything you know…Focus on the key points you want to convey to the audience.
- Finish within the allocated time on the schedule.
Plan to finish a few minutes early so you can take a few questions. The session moderators will tell you when you have 5, 2 and 1 minutes left. The moderator will be instructed to stop the presentation after the allocated time.
A good rule of is one slide for every minute of presentation – 20 minute presentation should have around 20 slides.
- Arrive 30 minutes before the start of your session
Make sure your presentation is on the computer and all videos and animations work properly. Please note that videos embedded in a PowerPoint file often have issues when transferred to another computer.
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. We look forward to seeing you at the London Trenchless Technology Road Show. Thank you for your interest in developing a state-of-the-art Trenchless Show here in Ontario.
2018 Trenchless Technology Road Show
Please send your questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org